Protecting Your Home While on Vacation.
Whether your vacation takes you near or far, these tips will help you safeguard your home and your possessions while you’re away.
• Invest in a security system.
• Keep valuables locked up and out of sight.
• Use timers to turn lights on and off, temporarily stop newspaper deliveries, and arrange to have your mail picked up by someone you trust or held by the post office.
• Ask a neighbor, friend or family member to keep an eye on your home while you’re away.
• Don’t post about your trip on social media during your vacation; someone may see your posts and then target your home while you’re away.
• Create a home inventory in the event that you need to file an insurance claim; it will make the claims process easier.
Check your insurance policy to review your coverage before you experience theft or damage to your property.
Visit AAA.com/Insurance, call 877/844-2370, or stop by your local AAA Store to consult a AAA Insurance agent.
This article originally appeared in the May/June 2019 edition of AAA World.